As the resident Ext JS geek, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with the
code that you posted. There might be a problem in the showEditWin() method
that you did not post. In fact, my complete wild-ass guess would be that
the showEditWin() method is calling an Ext JS window that needs to have a
show() method run on it. (Ext JS windows do not autoshow).

I'll also say that Cameron is correct in his assessment. CFGrid (and all of
the CF Ux constructs are...um..."not scottish"). You really should stick
with a pure 3-tiered architectural approach.

Here's a few examples of using "pure"  Ext JS front-end grids that we've
developed @ Fig Leaf Software:

http://www.naccho.org/toolbox/
http://www.naccho.org/topics/modelpractices/search.cfm
http://webapps.figleaf.com/patientchart/#research/clinicaltrials
http://webapps.figleaf.com/patientchart/#research/hospitalstats
http://webapps.figleaf.com/spendingportal/

--
Regards,
Steve Drucker

"We've got you covered"

Fig Leaf Software is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business
(SD-VOSB) on GSA Schedule