On 04/10/2019 16:11, Florian Snow wrote:
>
>
> On October 4, 2019 3:45:10 PM GMT+02:00, Daniel Pocock <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> Volunteers are not obliged to inform FSFE e.V. about their family life.
>
> I did not claim otherwise.
>
Yet a strongly-worded email criticizing volunteers for not being able to
follow through on everything may create the impression that absences
have to be explained.
>
>> There are many private situations where a volunteer would not be able
>> to disclose any details at all.
>
> I would imagine that in such a situation, said volunteer would not attack
> others for ..
This wasn't just about any one volunteer, I mentioned the names of
various volunteers who were attacked recently.
What about the volunteer who was forcibly excluded from his local FSFE
group after distributing a leaflet about Google? Seeing that Google's
financial contributions are so large to justify their own entry in the
budget shines a new light on the concerns that volunteer was trying to
raise and the huge conflict-of-interest staff had when deciding to
punish him.
>
>> While these things are ongoing, while various mailing lists are
>> actively
>> censoring mail about conflicts of interest and Google
>
> I am not sure which mailing lists you mean, but I can tell you that none of
> the FSFE mailing lists do that. And from what I have seen on the FSF mailing
> lists, I don't have that impression either.
>
My own blog was removed from Planet FSFE when I asked questions about
conflicts of interest. I was simply trying to perform my role as a
representative. Any attempt to send email to lists.fsfe.org lists is
also censored, you personally used your role as moderator there to
reject a message that I sent giving a long explanation about it. The
correct thing to do would have been to answer the question publicly.
Regards,
Daniel
_______________________________________________
Discussion mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.fsfellowship.eu/mailman/listinfo/discussion