I really enjoy pfSense; it's an incredible project, and as I learn more about using/administering *BSD systems, I hope to be able to contribute more than my opinion. ;-)

That said, I'd love to see a couple of bits of functionality added, but am really not sure how to go about it. The first is an L3 load balancer, like LVS (Linux Virtual Server, that is, not Logical Volume System). I know CARP does L2 balancing, but most of my needs in incoming balancing lie outside of my local segment. The second would be apcupsd - my home system is already hooked up to a UPS, but I've no viable way to monitor/configure it. It would be oh-so-nice to be able to tell it to shut down gracefully with 2 minutes left on the UPS.

Comments? Rotten fruit? Pointers to where to start BMOFP? All appreciated!

RB