From: Randy B [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 27 July 2005 11:16 p.m.
To: discussion@pfsense.com
Subject: [pfSense-discussion] A few questions

I really enjoy pfSense; it's an incredible project, and as I learn more
about using/administering *BSD systems, I hope to be able to contribute
more than my opinion.  ;-)

That said, I'd love to see a couple of bits of functionality added, but
am really not sure how to go about it.  The first is an L3 load
balancer, like LVS (Linux Virtual Server, that is, not Logical Volume
System).  I know CARP does L2 balancing, but most of my needs in
incoming balancing lie outside of my local segment.  The second would be
apcupsd - my home system is already hooked up to a UPS, but I've no
viable way to monitor/configure it.  It would be oh-so-nice to be able
to tell it to shut down gracefully with 2 minutes left on the UPS.

Comments?  Rotten fruit?  Pointers to where to start BMOFP?  All
appreciated!

RB