From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sandra Mejía J.
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 12:18 AM
To: displaytag-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [displaytag-user] Standar tld?

Thanks for you help...

But... I can  use tag <c:foreach for print a simple List and the server present
the next error:

In my JSP I try to do this:

List results = ....;

request.setAttribute("tabEnv", results);

<display:table name="tabEnv">
                 <c:forEach var="x" items="${results}">
                     <display:column title="Id">
                         ${x}
                     </display:column>
                 </c:forEach>
</display:table>

But, return this error:

According to the TLD or the director attribute of the file tag, the attribute
items does not accept expressions

"Según el TLD o la directiva attribute del archivo tag, el atributo items no
acepta expresiones"

Thanks for your help

2007/10/30, Ed Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Sandra Mejía J. wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Somebody can explain to me this:
>
> Don't use this one if you are looking for EL support on jsp
> 2.0 containers (Tomcat 5).
> In Jsp 2.0 compatible servers expressions are evaluated directly
> by the container, so you can use the standard tld and still have
> EL support (the EL tld will not work, since expressions will be
> evaluated twice). http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/11/tlds.html
> <http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/11/tlds.html >
>
> I didn't understand.

There are two displaytag jar files that start: "displaytag" and
"displaytag-el". If you are using Tomcat 5 or 6 you only need the
"displaytag" version as the expression language is built into Tomcat. If
you were using Tomcat 4 you would need to use "displaytag-el" if you
wanted to use expression language in your displaytag tags.

Ed!

Que Diosito te Bendiga
Atentamente,
Sandy