Martin Pool wrote:

On 27 Nov 2003, Harold L Hunt II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

There was a change from 2.11.2 to CVS in which src/dparent.c and src/prefork.c use sockaddr_storage instead of sockaddr. I do not believe that sockaddr_storage is supported by newlib on Cygwin (our C library).

My temporary fix was to change sockaddr_storage back to sockaddr. Everything compiles again. Would somebody comment on whether or not this change is essential for some other platform? If the change is not essential for some other platform, could we change back to sockaddr so that the build isn't broken on Cygwin?

It's needed to make IPv6 support work, since sockaddr_in6 is typically
bigger than sockaddr.

Okay, that is reasonable.

The intent of the change was that sockaddr_storage would only be used
if you give --enable-rfc2553.  RFC2553 requires sockaddr_storage.  Is
there a problem in how this is done?

Hmm..., well, I don't see how that could be since there are no preprocessor protections around the sockaddr_storage structures in dparent.c and prefork.c. I didn't pass --enable-rfc2553 to configure and I ran into build problems. So, I guess that there must be a problem in the way that this got implemented.

Harold