Martin,

Martin Pool wrote:

On 27 Nov 2003, Harold L Hunt II <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It's needed to make IPv6 support work, since sockaddr_in6 is typically
bigger than sockaddr.

Okay, that is reasonable.

The intent of the change was that sockaddr_storage would only be used
if you give --enable-rfc2553.  RFC2553 requires sockaddr_storage.  Is
there a problem in how this is done?

Hmm..., well, I don't see how that could be since there are no preprocessor protections around the sockaddr_storage structures in dparent.c and prefork.c. I didn't pass --enable-rfc2553 to configure and I ran into build problems. So, I guess that there must be a problem in the way that this got implemented.

It's meant to be #defined in distcc.h.  I've just changed the
replacement type to dcc_sockaddr_storage to make it more clear.

What was HAVE_SOCKADDR_STORAGE showing on Cygwin?

I don't see HAVE_SOCKADDR_STORAGE in config.log, but I do see tests for sockaddr_storage. Please see the attached config.log.bz2.

Harold

__
distcc mailing list            http://distcc.samba.org/
To unsubscribe or change options: