On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 07:44:56 -0400, Steve Steiner <sstei...@mac.com> wrote:

> I am not looking to hand-fix this, that would be pointless.  I want an
> automated build script that will fire up a brand new Ubuntu cloud
> server, set up the entire environment, install the buildbot and run.

Can I help?

It's actually a pretty interesting and typical problem.

One of the big challenges is spanning the internal reach of python
packaging to 'the outside'.

I wish I could use a mac - where we don't have these problems.

But under Linux, even on a good distro like debian or ubuntu, it
can take a while to locate all the compilers and external tools that
are required to build your given package.

Doing 'fresh' installs on a fresh os surely is a typical developer
use case... or should be going forward..

It should be pretty simple to specify external os-packages and
pull them in. Somehow.. :-) (apt-get)

There must be some way to put these into a coherent config file.

David