At 05:47 PM 2/16/2011 +0000, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
Do I, as a packager, have the possibility to say "what I have specified
on PyPI as stable release is exactly what I mean"?

If you don't want easy_install to find it, don't list it on the pages referred to in your "Home Page" or "Download URL" on PyPI. Easy_install reads those pages because many package authors do not provide directly usable URLs or packages on PyPI.

possibly not requiring a writable egg cache (see

You can prevent this as a package author, by specifying zip_safe=False in your setup() script.