I am currently trying to decide what to do in the case of this request:
https://sourceforge.net/p/pypi/support-requests/420/

It is remarkably similar to the request which only just recently got me
into trouble, with the slight difference that there may be a trademark
issue which I am definitely not able to address. Therefore I am extremely
hesitant to actually grant the request. It certainly falls under the final
statement in the written-up policy:

"Transfer will not be performed where an individual or project wishes to
take ownership of a name because they feel the current owner has left it
stagnating, or even broken, in the absence of the above transfer
conditions."

Your thoughts, as always, are welcome.

     Richard