On 16 October 2014 14:41, Tennessee Leeuwenburg <tleeuwenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think package owners have a responsibility to be contactable, but that the
> time-frames should be long to allow for the fact people do go off the grid
> for valid reasons sometimes. I'd suggest something like 2 months is a
> reasonable interval to allow; if contact via email and available social
> media fail after 2 months, then broken packages without evidence of
> maintenance in the source repository should be moveable.
>
> Inactive, abandoned and nonfunctional packages could be defined as:
>   -- Owner uncontactable via email or social media for 2 months

The project issue tracker (if it has one) should be included here -
the problem with email and social media is that they will generally
lack the clear audit trail that public issue trackers automatically
provide.

>   -- Package is not installable via pip install on 2.7 or 3.x

I'd be very wary of including technical requirements like this in the
package transfer process.

Regards,