Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> writes:

> I’m confused what this actually is.

Please look at the example I cited, ‘python-daemon’ version 2.0.3.

> If it’s just a file you don’t want installed… then don’t specify it in
> your setup.py’s setup() function in either the py_modules or the
> packages keyword.

That doesn't have the desired effect; it is installed (unwanted) to the
site packages along with the packages I do want.

--
 \       “Faith is the determination to remain ignorant in the face of |
  `\                 all evidence that you are ignorant.” —Shaun Mason |