Donald Stufft <don...@stufft.io> writes:

> Umm. Twine 1.8.0, Python 3.4.6, 3.5.3, 3.6.0, Not sure on 2.7, the
> Github interface seems to be broken and not listing the tags for that
> one.

Thanks. What version of Setuptools is needed?

I'm hoping that the above list will be prominently published with the
documentation that we point people toward for announcing we should be
using those tools.

(“Use the latest version of the tool” doesn't cut it; we'll need to
check what versions our operating system provides, and know whether it's
in or out of compliance with the above list.)

> > What is the cross-over period: ‘pypi.org’ as the primary
> > recommendation, while ‘pypi.python.org’ continues to work?
>
> I’m not sure what specifically you’re asking here? Are you looking for
> how long they’re both going to remain active or the process we’re
> going to migrate things over with? Or something else?

I'm working on the assumption the sequence will include:

* Now: Uploading to ‘pypi.python.org’ is officially recommended; it goes
  to the same data store as uploading to ‘pypi.org’. Both work fine.

* Crossover: Uploading to ‘pypi.org’ is officially recommended; it goes
  to the same data store as uploading to ‘pypi.python.org’. Both work
  fine.

* Warehouse Rules Alone: Uploading to ‘pypi.org’ is recommended, because
  uploading to ‘pypi.python.org’ doesn't work.

So, what is the period – when does it start and when does it end – that
the Crossover state will active?

--
 \               “… correct code is great, code that crashes could use |
  `\           improvement, but incorrect code that doesn’t crash is a |