# I think this would be cleaner if there were an authentication
# utility (just a class probably) that you could switch by changing a
# setting. Something like AUTH_UTIL = 'myauthmodule.LdapAuthenticator'

I think it's also worth noting that this won't work if you ever want
to try a sequence of authenticators.  I'm concerned particularly with
OpenID authentication, and OpenID auth is usually tried in addition to
whatever is desired for the site's normal accounts, in which case
authentication mechanisms must be able to coexist.

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  http://www.parsed.org