Hi all,

I read a lot about django's auth system and the AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS
middelware. I also googled the following resources for LDAP support in django:

http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/MultipleAuthBackends
http://www.jrandolph.com/blog/?p=22
http://www.carthage.edu/webdev/?p=12

Are these solutions sufficent for most of you ?
Is somebody working on a general solution, which maybe makes it into
django.contrib.auth.ldap ?
Has somebody experiences with LDAP/django performance impact ?

As I came over the django from Zope I know the LDAPUserFolder [1] there, with
feature rich mappings from LDAP-Groups to Zope-Roles, LDAP-attribute mapping
and LDAP-caching.

I made the LDAPUserFolder to work with django. But this seems a little
oversized.

Regards,
Dirk

[1] LDAPUserFolder: http://www.dataflake.org/software/ldapuserfolder