On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 07:58:10PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I read a lot about django's auth system and the AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS
> middelware. I also googled the following resources for LDAP support in django:
>
> http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/MultipleAuthBackends
> http://www.jrandolph.com/blog/?p=22
> http://www.carthage.edu/webdev/?p=12
>
> Are these solutions sufficent for most of you ?
> Is somebody working on a general solution, which maybe makes it into
> django.contrib.auth.ldap ?
> Has somebody experiences with LDAP/django performance impact ?
>
> As I came over the django from Zope I know the LDAPUserFolder [1] there, with
> feature rich mappings from LDAP-Groups to Zope-Roles, LDAP-attribute mapping
> and LDAP-caching.
>
> I made the LDAPUserFolder to work with django. But this seems a little
> oversized.
>
> Regards,
> Dirk
>
> [1] LDAPUserFolder: http://www.dataflake.org/software/ldapuserfolder

I'm actually doing LDAP auth with something I wrote myself, which I feel
is a little more general than the mentioned code (not that I'm
opinionated or anything). I'll be posting it in a day or so once it's
cleaned up a bit more. During OSCON I mentioned to Adrian that I'd be
willing to work on one that would make it into django.

LDAP is working great for me but we're not the highest demand
environment, though I'd expect that LDAP auth will scale as well as LDAP
can.

Scott

--
Scott Paul Robertson