Jeremy Dunck wrote:
> True, but Rails had lots of buzz and has -lots- of prod systems.  Of
> the 2 people I talked to with prod rails systems, neither had heard of
> this 3 hours after the posting.  I only knew because of luck on
> prog.reddit.

Same here, programming.reddit.com is my most hit site these days...

But all the more reason for letting Django users know *before-hand*
where they should look for stuff like this (which list they should be
subscribed to or RSS feed to check). As Django user/dev, I would *not*
want to *first* hear about something like this on reddit. :-)

Maybe there should be some guideline like.. "If you're going to deploy
Django on a server accessible by the general public, subscribe to our
security RSS feed or mailing list to be notified as needed". Even then,
I can see how a policy like that is "tricky"... What's to keep an evil
blackhat from subscribing to the very same list so he he knows when to
get busy cracking sites using the same information?

-Jason