On 8/23/06, Gary Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> limodou wrote:
> > There are some threads talking about the apps repository already, but
> > till now, no repository be found. So I want to suggest again: we
> > should build an official project web site to host django apps or
> > projects. So we can easy share our source code and exchange our ideas.
> > And I think 0.95 is stable enought, and why we still need to wait 1.0,
> > if there is an official web site to host these things, we can reuse
> > others source code easily and make django more improvement I think.
>
> I think this is a great idea.  Anyone have suggestions on to how this
> should be organized?
> One big repository or several small ones?
> Everybody with an account has access to all projects or form teams for
> each project?
> Should every project have its own Trac instance?
>
> Separating the projects and forming teams would be more of a Django
> mini-SourceForge, and while this might be ideal, it would require quite
> a bit more work to setup.

I would like mini-projects, but not a whole repository. If we can make
this platform running, maybe it can replace sf platform. And I think
mozilla community just like what I want.

http://www.mozdev.org

And there are some resources: http://www.mozdev.org/resources/

I see there is no trac on it.

If we don't build a platform like that but we can make a index page to
link separated projects or resources together, I think it's good
either.

I see there is also a rubyforge(http://rubyforge.org/), and it use php.

I think we could provide a simple flatform(maybe just link index
page), and if this platform is useful, we can improve it later.

--
I like python!
My Blog: http://www.donews.net/limodou