On 1/16/07, Michael Radziej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Victor Ng schrieb:

> Hey - any chance I'll get a schema evo-branch before 1.0?

What's the point in making Victor wait all the time? He has asked
multiple times for a branch, and nobody makes any decision :-(

You're attributing to malice that which can be adequately explained by
the fact that we are all very busy people. Read Jacob's last post. He
pretty much said he is happy to give Victor access - he just needs to
find the time to do it. I don't know Jacob's specific situation at the
moment, but if it's anything like mine, sometimes the little things
that aren't urgent or directly related to work get lost in the miasma.

This is unfortunate, and I offer the collective apologies of the core
developers for any incovenience this has caused - however, I would ask
you to keep in mind that:

1) While a branch would be exceedingly useful for collaboration
purposes, there is nothing stopping Victor from kickstarting the
process by working on schema evolution in his own stream, uploading
patches to a ticket whenever he has something to share (like I
suggested last time).

2) The core developers are ultimately volunteers on an open source
project. Personally, unless my paid job provides a specific
opportunity, my Django time is all my own. If something like this gets
forgotten or delayed, it isn't a personal attack - it's just the
unfortunate consequence of dealing whose deadlines sometimes get in
the way of the perfection :-)

If you have any constructive suggestions on how to resolve these sorts
of issues, feel free to raise them. However, I'm not sure there is
much that can be done, short of slowing the rotation of the earth to
give us all 36 hour days.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)