On Feb 20, 2:30 pm, Ivan Sagalaev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But I suppose that you are talking about using MEDIA_URL to access CSS
> and JS files, right? If yes then it's not what everyone does. Many
> people keep CSS and JS under source control in a place that has nothing
> to do with a directory for user uploads. So why expose MEDIA_URL in
> templates?

Yea, personally I use STATIC_URL and STATIC_ROOT for this content. But
whatever you use, it should be made easy to put this in all your
template contexts without having to jump through the hoop of creating
your own context_processor.
You don't _have_ to expose MEDIA_URL, it's just having the option to
do so.

I'm still waiting to hear how else people link to their media files if
don't add a variable to their contexts. I'm guessing it's just hard
coding these links...