I just want to bring this up again, because Model Inheritance is a
HUGE thing...

I have not seen any final discussion on how it's going to work (http://
code.djangoproject.com/wiki/ModelInheritance). Last I heard it was
still up in the air. If there are features that are unsure of, I don't
see how they can make a timely 1.0 release.