On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Tim Keating <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I got 1.3.0 by syncing to the svn trunk. The definition of a
> connection in 1.3.0 looks like this:
>
> class Connection(object):
>    """MySQL Database Connection Object"""
>
> So if there previously was an inheritance relationship, that appears
> to be going away. I'm not able to confirm this for sure because
> Sourceforge's SVN repository appears to be unavailable right this
> second.

OK, sourceforge's SVN is back up and from a brief look I don't think the tip
of the trunk for MySQLdb is intended to be in general use.  The comment
associated with rev 530, current for connections.py and the one which
introduced this change is: "Tons of changes from major refactoring/cleanup.
This is all really broken right now. In particular, all results are returned
as strings."

Sounds like there are major changes going on and picking up a non-released
revision is a bad idea.

Karen