On Jul 2, 2008, at 1:24 PM, Paul Kenjora wrote:

> I understand the resistance but you've got demand, you've got a
> willing developer, and you've got a clean fix that significantly
> improves the adaptability of the framework.  What better reason
> would you need?

Someone who has a proven history of contributions and maintenance of
the core framework for a significant period of time.

When you contribute an entire backend that goes into core, it will
have to be maintained forevermore.  People severely underestimate the
need for this, and even Django has suffered a bit from this over its 3
years of life (the signal framework had a period of time like this,
although it's getting more attention again).

Providing the addition as a 3rd party framework allows the community
to vet your work and decide whether 1) it's worth inclusion, and 2)
that you have the stamina to maintain it in Django for a long while to
come.

gav