On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 01:54 +0200, Ludvig Ericson wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2008, at 00:45, Jure Vrscaj wrote:
>
> > Could this be fixed in 1.0? It breaks compatibility, I know.
>

> Although I'm not in any kind of position of making such a decision, I
> can make an educated guess: no. The reason is that most developers
> currently focus on getting a Django 1.0 out the door, and so there'll
> be little to no time for a core committer to actually look at the
> patch and commit it, adding tests and that.

We're always going to look at things like this. It's 10 minutes of
effort. :-)

Certainly file a ticket so that the information doesn't get lost, Jure.
The inconsistency looks a little wrong, although I'd have to think a bit
about which return type is the "right" one, since there are arguments
both ways.

Malcolm