> Also, what compatibility does it break? I can't see how this is a  common
> use-case.

It might break existing code, code that depends on iteritems()
yielding lists. Maybe not a common use case, but it got me scratching
my head more than once.

On Jul 4, 7:40 am, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Certainly file a ticket so that the information doesn't get lost, Jure.
> The inconsistency looks a little wrong, although I'd have to think a bit
> about which return type is the "right" one, since there are arguments
> both ways.

The ticket, patch and test is here: http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/7331

Milestone is currently set to post-1.0, but I'd argue it's better to
fix it for 1.0, if at all.

Thanks for looking into it.

regards,
jure