On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 02:16 -0300, Leo Soto M. wrote:
[...]
> I spent around an hour digging in the history of that code, and come
> to the following reasoning: the problems were caused by two mismatches
> between what the backend expected and what it got:
>
> - After the get_db_prep_* refactoring, backend expected int, but the
> admin passed unicode. This caused #8424.
> - The fix for #8424 was to expect unicode on the backend. But most
> usages passed an int. Caused #8510.
> - The fix for #8510 was to normalize everything to unicode. Both sides
> talk happily now :)

Okay, that sounds very familiar. I remember lots of bouncing back and
forth and going a bit mental trying to keep everything happy. I think
that's the correct history.

> So, this little change is based on keep both sides synchronized but
> with a better contract.

If your change works, it's a little better, since we are really are
talking about integers there. Should use the right types if we can.

Regards,
Malcolm