Hello devs,
As you know, the view django.views.defaults.server_error() uses Context
instead of RequestContext.
There are 2 tickets about it:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/5617
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/6377 (duplicated)
ubernostrum explaied why it works that way:
"The default server-error handler was deliberately written this way to
lessen the odds of new exceptions being raised during the execution of the
server_error view."
But why not use a try/except to handle any error from RequestContext, and
fall back on Context if it happens? As tobias posted on comments [1]
I'm asking for attention on it because I couldn't find a reason why not use
a try/except here, and because the try/except solution what added after the
ticket was closed, maybe nobody paid attention to it.
[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/5617#comment:3
Regards.
--
Igor Sobreira