Yep, I use the pdb stuff too.  That would be handy.

The way this works in nose is through the testid plugin. Typically you
do this:

nosetests --with-id --failed

This will create a file called .noseids in the current working
directory.

You can make it use something else by saying:

nosetests --with-id --id-file=/somewhere/else/.noseids --failed

As far as storing the data of which test failed for Django, I'm not
sure what the *best* approach would be.  Ned Batchelder's coverage
module does a similar thing.  It keeps a .coverage file in the root I
think.  Maybe just call ours .failedtests.  Kinda gross, and not my
first choice, but it would work.

Or, perhaps use Python's tempfile module.  But I'm not sure how to
grab a hold of the temp file again for the second pass through (maybe
tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile but this has problems on some platforms
according to the docs).

On one hand, I can see this argument: If you are adding 3 features
from nose, why not just use nose.  But setting up nose and Django to
use it as the test runner isn't trivial the last time I checked.
We're using buildout to ease the pain.

Thanks for the input.

Rob