On Oct 2, 5:10 am, Harro <hvdkl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like a bad plan, what if by fixing the failed test you break
> another one?

My philosophy on testing is that no one will do it unless it's blazing
fast, easy to use, and doesn't punish you.

My goal where I work was to make testing so simple that the other devs
on the team gravitate towards it because it's quicker to write a test
than to: write a view, change urls.py, create a template, write some
boilerplate view code, write some glue, ./manage.py runserver, open
Firefox on localhost, and see the results.

So from a purest point of view, yes, you can break another test pretty
easily by fixing another.  If you don't have a continuous build /
integration server this is more dangerous.  But it's also been my
experience that the users that check-in code that breaks a test will
never do a ./manage test -h either to find the other options, I doubt
they ever see it.  I believe pretty strongly in CI, so I think that's
my official defense :D