On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Russell Keith-Magee
<freakboy3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was hoping for a little more detail than this - this is just
> Django's general deprecation plan, and I wouldn't expect that to
> change. What exactly do these steps mean in practice? What changes are
> going to be made to (for example) admin? Are there any other apps that
> will be affected? What will happen when I update from 1.2-1.3?
> 1.3-1.4? Is there a need for a transition API (e.g., a 'message_set'
> descriptor that actually sends messages to the new message backend)?

I put up a skeleton of a plan (not much more than what I sent before)
on the wiki:

http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SessionMessages#DeprecationPlan

There are still a few things missing (like what apps actually need to
be updated) but hopefully that'll provide us a place to keep track of
the details.

Tobias
--
Tobias McNulty