Because the authentication backend now allows for role based
permissions you might have a blog post which anonymous users are
allowed to comment on (create_comment) and another they can't.

Now you would have to have a guest_can_comment flag or something on
the blog post and check that before displaying the form.
Instead I want to use the permission system to see if the anonymous
user has create_comment permission on that specific blog item.

so that's why I think this would be a good addition.

It would also allow for temporary shutting down of certain publicly
accessible items by simply removing/disabling the permissions for
guest users.