Hmm I guess I'll just have to keep on hacking django then..
because that 1% case is something I keep running into for every
project in one way or another.
And if it was designed for most apps, why was the row level permission
bits added? It's useless without simply always being able to call
request.user.has_perm('permission', obj)

And adding my own class won't work because of the same reason.