Why wouldn't a AnonymousUser have permissions?
Basically, this is senseless.
For some photo's you might want to disable rating and/
or commenting.
How often it is required to the user? In 99% of cases it is enough specify in an album "can" or "can not". It's really overkill of features.
Now you could go an add can_comment, can_rate booleans on the photo,
but thats not needed with row level permissions.
The subject is "AnonymousUser has_perm/has_module_perms [...]" and it has not something in common with the row level permission support. It's are two separate things.
I really don't care how or where to store the permissions for
AnonymousUsers, that's up to the person implementing a backend for it,
I do care however about that fact that the current implementation is
limiting the system.
Django's right management is basic and common. This is designed for "most apps".