On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Gabriel Hurley <gab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not arguing that the proposal is inherently bad, just that it was
> being proposed without understanding the existing solution.

That's not what I got from your harsh responses.

The existing "solution" is to modify the default Site created by
Django, either by using admin or by writing a script.

It's just far easier to define SITE_DOMAIN and SITE_NAME and make a
small modification to
django/contrib/sites/management.py:create_default_site that makes use
of these settings, instead of "example.com".

Anyway, nothing to get so worked up about as you have done.

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian