Hello all,

How do you like the following idea:
startproject command puts a fixture for django.contrib.sites (and
fixture for superuser probably) to the root folder or whatever, to be
loaded with syncdb?
That way also encourage users to get more familiar with fixtures.
Of course it's too far for 1.2, so it can be implemented with 1.3 timeline.

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:51 PM, David Larlet <lar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 14 mars 2010 à 12:27, James Bennett a écrit :
>
>> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM, aditya <bluemangrou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Currently, Django uses "example.com" for both the domain and the
>>> name.  The only way to change that is to wade into the actual
>>> database.
>> 2. If it turns out there's a real problem, provide a solution which
>> doesn't involve one-time settings and which, preferably, leverages
>> existing and proven features of Django rather than trying to add new
>> ones just for this case.
>
> Just my 2 cents, the "Django way" to deal with one-time settings is to ask
> directly the user (see admin user's creation) during the syncdb call. But,
> most of the time, I end up adding fixtures for the admin and launch syncdb
> with the --noinput option. Faster.
>
> That's a bit off-topic but this can lead to security issues given that your
> default fixtures will load whatever the environment. How do you handle this:
> fixtures by environment? Maybe we should reconsider the
>
> Regards,
> David

Best regards, Yuri V. Baburov, ICQ# 99934676, Skype: yuri.baburov,
MSN: bu...@live.com