On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 07:22:11AM +0800, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Mark Bucciarelli <mkb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I guess the test suite must not cover all the basees, making it a
> > necessary but not sufficient criteria for inclusion?
> >

> The problem is that NoSQL stores don't necessarily have feature parity
> with relational databases.

For MonetDB, this is not an issue as they provide a SQL wrapper.

For the other No-SQL backends, is it feasible to specify the subset of
tests they must pass to be acceptable?

And if you define that unsupported operations should throw a particular
kind exception, you wouldn't need annotation sugar; the test logic can
branch based on what features the DB says it supports.