On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 10:21:06PM +0800, Russell Keith-Magee wrote:

> The number 4 wasn't actually the important bit - it was that I want
> to see a range of noSQL approaches represented. I don't want to see
> 4 key-value stores; I want to see a key-value store, and a document
> store, and a column store, etc. I need to see that the API is rich
> enough to cover all noSQL bases.

I've seen references to Django's test suite on this list in the past,
and I'm curious why the criteria can't simple be: "a clean run on our
test suite."

I have a backend [1] for MonetDB (a column store DB).  They expose a SQL
wrapper around their non-SQL engine, which makes it pretty easy to
support.

On my todo list was to see how it fares with the Django test-suite.
I guess the test suite must not cover all the basees, making it a
necessary but not sufficient criteria for inclusion?

Correct?

Thanks,

[1] http://github.com/mbucc/monetdb-python