On 30 Set, 07:34, "subs...@gmail.com" <subs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I was browsing the tickets and saw a few of them nagging about some
> restrictions to raw_id_fields.

Since my first Django installation, a couple of years ago, I fixed and
used this patch:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/7028

I see that mtrs wrote an improved version.
I also see that at each new Django release a fixed version comes up
after few days (if not few hours).
I think it is a huge improvement in user experience and I never fully
understood why it always missed each django release since 1.0.
Now I see that another improved patch comes up concerning also M2M:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/13221

Well, M2M and raw_id_fields are a big player in wonderful admin
contrib with a poor interface: why do not improve them?

Ciao.
Marco.