I'm in favour of closing tickets with "need more info, re-open when
you have it or if you disagree" because it clearly puts the onus back
on the reporter to re-open the ticket after addressing the feedback in
order to see any progress.

Leaving tickets "open" with potentially yet another status or flag
indicating that it needs some type of action will just contribute to
the problem we already have with many tickets stagnating in some
combination of "open" for literally years without any action.

If a ticket is marked as "needs more info" while remaining open, it
may be that only the original reporter (or somebody who is seriously
motivated to dig) will be able to provide that more info, and if it's
off their radar for whatever reason the ticket will likely remain in
that state forevermore.

Cheers.
Tai.