Karen Tracey ha scritto:
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 8:44 AM, Jim Dalton <jim.dal...@gmail.com <mailto:jim.dal...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I have not had time to try out the patch, but did look at it.
    Doesn't the base implementation of disable_foreign_key_checks
    need to return False instead of just passing? The return value is
    used in loaddata processing to decide whether it's necessary to
    re-enable/check.

    It actually doesn't *need* to return False; pass is the same as
    not returning anything or returning None. The boolean check just
    treats it the same way as False. "Should it?" is another question.
    On the one hand it's a bit more clear, this value is called and
    always returns False, unless a backend has overridden it. On the
    other hand, pass is in keeping with other methods in that class
    that are meant to be overridden in backends, so I went with pass
    to emphasize that aspect of the code.

Hmm, well, I did not know that falling off the end of a method with pass guaranteed a return value of False or None (and can't find that noted in the doc here: http://docs.python.org/tutorial/controlflow.html#pass-statements) so in my mind explicitly returning False would be clearer/better...
a bit off-topic, but...

if no "return" statement is reached, the function will return None. See "None" paragraph in [1]

[1] http://docs.python.org/reference/datamodel.html#the-standard-type-hierarchy

Marco