Are any core devs interested in taking a closer look at the current patch on
this ticket (https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3615)? It's been through
several rounds of revision after discussion here and on the ticket comment
thread.

As of right now the patch should apply cleanly and pass tests in
fixtures_regress. It solves the problem of IntegrityError exceptions when
checks for both MySQL and SQLite to ensure valid data is being loaded. Last,
it offers two hooks for other backends to implement constraint checks after
fixtures are loaded.

The issues I still had questions on:

* There is a test error in
fixtures_regress.TestFixtures.test_loaddata_raises_error_when_fixture_has_invalid_foreign_key()

if a backend does not implement a solution to check for foreign keys.
Basically I have MySQL and SQlite covered, but not postgresql or Oracle. As
I mention in the ticket,  the work done
here https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/11665 covers Postgresql, so all
it needs is an implementation from an Oracle user.

* There's a DB feature can_defer_constraint_checks .  I couldn't find much
by way of documentation or or usage of this feature. But I was trying to
figure out if the work we are doing here is what this feature refers to, and
if so, if we should be marking this as True for MySQL and SQLite with this
implementation. I'm not sure there is other behavior that is required or
expected in that attribute. Anyhow, that might also be a path forward for
the issue I raise above (ie. we could skip the test if
can_defer_constraint_checks is not True).

I know there is other very similar work being coordinated elsewhere, so
hopefully someone with an an eye on the big picture can help me see this
through the last mile. Aside from the minor details above, this should be
ready for checkin.

Thanks!