On Wednesday, July 6, 2011 2:30:12 AM UTC+12, Gregor Müllegger wrote:

> Hi, Chris.
>
> Seems that I'm now unemployed as GSoC Student,
> looks like you already did all the work! ;-)

I prefer to show prototype code than just discussing things. It's more fun
:)

> Besides this, great work. If I understand the source code right (haven't
> run
> it yet), then it's already feature complete, isn't it?

Thrown together in 1.5 days and not very tested, but yes, mostly feature
complete.

I also like the idea of "extends", I will definitely bring this up to Carl's
> attention. I don't know if it's in the core devs taste to change the
> meaning
> of a {% block %} slightly in the context of a form tag.

I don't know if it's in the other core devs taste either. I just decided
it'd do for my demo. I don't really mind it, but I can see the potential
confusion - it's not part of the tag's child_nodelists as it stands so you
wouldn't be able to override it - and it wouldn't make much sense anyway
because it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to use the same block name
multiple times in the same template (inside of form tags).

Here's something for you to chew on, related to my earlier thoughts on
needing to change the widget definition for a field:
It's not enough to just use a 'hidden' field template, because we also need
error messages related to that field to show up as non_field_errors. So how
do you think we should do that? (I have some ideas, but I'll let you think
about it first)