So after the exams, vacation and a short illness have I completed a week of
productive work.

All the parts that were discussed in detail on the mailing list a while back
are implemented. The new rendering API is completely in place and well tested.
I've manly added more documentation in the last week on how to create custom
form layouts, the new template tags and the template based widgets.

Also work on the admin has started to dog-food the new form API, but this is
still far from finished yet. Add and change forms use the template based
rendering but that hasn't brought any real benefits yet. But it should be
possible to further refactor it to make some of the
django.contrib.admin.helpers.* classes superfluously.

I found some use cases that are not yet possible with the form rendering
template tags. The biggest issue is that it's not possible to exchange field
labels with translated text. Currently there is no way of storing a translated
string in the templates as variable, like {% trans "foo" as var %}

--
Servus,
Gregor Müllegger