I have been updating the Wiki a bit (
https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SchemaEvolutionDesign). If you see the
linked page about the design, it's based on a general approval I got from
Russell. I haven't finished writing it up, but it has been in the 60's and
70's in Wisconsin in March. Needless to say, I've been outside.

I've been thinking of splitting it into 2 sections. The main part missing
is that the database layer needs to grow modification APIs. Then there
needs to be a contrib app for actually doing the migrations. Note that
detecting changes is not part of this (as has been pointed out on this
conversation already).

If you look, you can tell the ideas are mainly based off South at this
point, but I have been looking at nashvegas to see if they have anything
else to add.

--
Joe Tennies
tenn...@gmail.com