Hi Alex,

On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:55:39 PM UTC+1, Alex Ogier wrote:

> So, I went ahead and implemented the most useful mixin of the three that I
> defined previously, the PermissionsMixin.

I am not really sold on the idea of having this PermissionMixin, for one
reason: If I need a custom user model I usually (from my experience, ymmv)
have different permission requirements either way and don't want stuff like
is_superuser or is_active. So having those two fields on the mixin class
makes it unuseable for me again. What I could live with is probably a
simple PermissionMixin which just provides the dispatching to
_user_has_perm etc. without checking is_superuser or is_active (If you ask
me those checks should move to the backend anyways but that's probably not
that easy due to backwards compat).

Regards,
Florian