On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Shai Berger <s...@platonix.com> wrote:
>> I believe that the level of backwards-incompatibility described above is
>> within acceptable bounds for Django 1.6.
>
> I believe this is the core of our disagreement here.

I'm with Aymeric: the current behavior is bad enough, and this is a
big enough improvement, and the backwards-incompatibility is minor
enough. I think the data-loss possibilities Shai suggests are pretty
overblown. Shai: do you have any real-world code that'd have data loss
with this bug? Looking through the tons of code I've got available
can't reveal a single place where this chance would have any negative
effect. OTOH, there're lots of places where it'd have a positive
effect.

Jacob