On Mar 2, 2013, at 3:49 PM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss wrote:
> I'm with Aymeric: the current behavior is bad enough, and this is a
> big enough improvement, and the backwards-incompatibility is minor
> enough.

Right now, the only real example I've heard (there might be more is):

1. The ORM generates multiple updating operations for a single API-level
operation.
2. The developer did nothing to manage their transaction model (no decorator,
no middleware), but,
3. Is relying on Django to provide a transaction in this case.

That situation does exist, but it does seem pretty edge-case-y.  Does it exist
in any case besides model inheritance?  If not, could we have the ORM wrap
those operations in a transaction in that particular case?
--
-- Christophe Pettus
   x...@thebuild.com