Hi Lennart,

On Tue, 5 Mar 2013, Lennart Regebro wrote:

I do agree that 99.9% of the sites committing on the end of the request is the right thing to do, and do think that this should be the default, although I realize that debate is already lost.

In a perfect academic world where there are never any errors, that approach is probably academically correct. In my opinion it makes correct error handling extremely difficult, because database errors (unique violations, concurrent modifications, etc) are thrown far away from the code that knows how to deal with them (the code that caused them in the first place).

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 967 838
Future Business, Cam City FC, Milton Rd, Cambridge, CB4 1UY, UK

with company number 04980791.