On 10 mars 2013, at 10:34, Petite Abeille <petite.abei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2013, at 9:52 AM, Aymeric Augustin
> <aymeric.augus...@polytechnique.org> wrote:
>
>> Oracle's online docs are a sad joke
>
> Specifically? The Oracle document is rather extensive and detailed. What's
> confusing you?

They're purely reference docs. They make lots of assumptions about things
you're already supposed to know. They aren't educational at all.

If you're familiar with Oracle — ie. you paid for training & certification, or
you're using it regularly — that's probably OK.

I'm only dealing with Oracle to fix failures in Django's test suite or ensure
that new features are supported under Oracle. Clearly I'm not smart or
knowledgeable enough to take advantage of its docs.

--
Aymeric.