Hi,
 I maintain the IBM DB2 Django backend (ibm_db_django)
project(http://code.google.com/p/ibm-db/). We have been maintaining this
extension since Django-1.0 and have always kept it up-to-date.
  The http://code.google.com/p/ibm-db/ project also provides a Python DBI
compliant driver, based on which the Django back-end is built. (For the
record, in the past some of our customers have requested for Django to
include the DB2 backend in core, which didnt happen). I really like
Russell's idea to introduce officially recognized extensions. If that is
the outcome of this thread, I would like to add the DB2 extension as
officially recognized and will help in setting infrastructure for this if I
can. I would prefer the automated test environment for recognized
extensions so that any core Django commit will get expose if it cause any
problem in some specific backend, In this way committer can raise a ticket
against specific backend if any changes required in that.

Thanks,
Rahul Priyadarshi